Couscous-Courgette Boats Recipe
I was browsing a bit for healty recipes to turn into a bit less healthy meals. I found one, and added a bit of cheese and now call it the Couscous-Courgette Boat.
Cooking the thing will take you about 20 minutes plus about 20 minutes in the oven. Sounds good? This is what it looks like:
Ingredients (for 4 people)
- 250 gram uncooked couscous
- 300 gram minced beef
- 2 courgettes
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 red paprika
- 2 tomatos
- 2 spoons of strained tomatoes
- a bit of grated cheese
- garlic bulbs (optional, and as much as you'd like)
Other things you will need
- an oven
- a cooking slash wok pan
- a large pan for cooking couscous
- a casserole
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cook the couscous as described on the package; or using your own way (it's probably better).
- Put the minced beef in the cooking pan on semi-high fire, so that it won't burn while you cut the onions, paprika and tomatoes into small pieces. If you'd like, you can cook the garlic along the minced beef.
- Put all the vegetables you just cut into pieces with the finished minced beef, and whirl it all. Add the strained tomatoes.
- The couscous likes to be along the vegetables, so put it with them too and whirl again.
- Split the couscous into two halves, in the length. Cut and carve the inner white junk out of it. As we won't need it any more, do whatever you like with it.
- Fill the courgettes with the couscous-vegetable mix, and add the grated cheese on top.
- Put it in the casserole, then put it in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Bon appétit!
I dare you to cook this, so please tell me how you liked it if you did!